Your brand does not start with a logo or website as many people think. It starts with a clear message you wish to communicate. Do you know your message? It is incredibly important to have the right message that resonates with what you want to do in the world and clearly communicates it to your customers. Once you know your own unique value and your brand message, it’s time to deliver it – with consistent visual branding.
How do you know if you have that?
Have me create a Brand Style Guide and/or Brand Portfolio from your existing brand. (These both are included in my full branding packages.) I will put YOU under a magnifying glass and show you how I see your brand.
I will share a Google Drive folder with you to share any images you have and want to use. It also includes my signature Username Strategy Map™ that gives you a clear picture of the usernames that you use across all online accounts.
- Analysis of Google search results of your name and business name
- Facebook analysis of your profile and page for profile image, links, description, cover images
- Twitter analysis looking at your profile image, links, description, header image
- Google account/Gmail/Google+/YouTube analysis looking at your profile image, links, description, header images
- LinkedIn analysis looking at your profile image, links, description, header image
- Pintrest analysis looking at your profile image, links, description
- Skype username, profile photo, links, about me description, mood, phone numbers, birthday,
Plus the following if applicable: Appointment, About Me, Blogspot, HootSuite, Instagram, MeetUp, RebelMouse, Trello, Tumblr, Ustream, Livestream, Vimeo etc
- Analysis of your website to see if it links to your social media accounts
- Author description of WordPress website blog post
- Pull all the visual components into a ‘Brand Portfolio’ and/or ‘Brand Style Guide’.
Praise from a satisfied client:
We met Karissa at WordCamp Kansas City, and we admired the branding package she made for the conference so much that we asked her to make one for Haden Interactive. Our designers had already created our logo, website, and lots of graphics.
The process was very smooth and well organized. She set up a Google Doc with a form for us to fill out with things like our social media accounts, our fonts and hex codes (colors), our logo wardrobe, and so forth.
If you don’t know whether you have all those things or not, you’ll benefit from Karissa’s website/brand audit. Karissa caught some places where we were still using earlier versions of our graphics, pointed out some beautiful graphics that weren’t featured on our website at all, and caught some errors, too.
Karissa’s prices are very reasonable, and we will probably go back to her for future projects. If you’re at a DIY stage, you’ll find it useful to have a style guide ready when you bring in a web firm — and for yourself. Karissa gives sensible, gentle advice that a business thinking about branding should find useful (if you’re reading this, Karissa, I assure you that we are going to make those changes you suggested as soon as we get a chance). And we also found that looking at the PDF printouts together sparked some interesting new ideas for us.
Read our full review of the experience here.
Brand Portfolios: (Click to view larger)
The branding package should include a logo, website design, social media graphics & icons and other promotional images used.
Brand Style Guide Examples: (Click to view larger)
The style guide can include a logo, color palette, typography, logo icon, favicon, social media icons, textures and key images.
Also See: Online Brand Audit